was to get my yoga practice back on track. I wanted a forum to explore my habits and reinforce the ones that mattered most to me. The intent was to start with easy habits, and work up to analyzing my yoga practice. Wading in has clearly not worked as planned. So, I might as well just jump in the deep end.
I have had a yoga practice for years. For the last two years I have practiced ashtanga exclusively. I prefer the set sequence and the focus on breath with movement. Sometimes I practice daily; sometimes just a few times a week; sometimes not at all. I would like to have a consistent, daily practice. My body feels good and my mind is more at ease with a daily practice.
So, today, I hauled my butt out of bed at 5:00 and did a shortened standing sequence: Surya Namaskara A, Padangusthasana, Padahastasana, Utthita Trikonasana, Utthita Parsvakonasana, Prasarita Padottanasana A, Parsvottanasana, Virabhadrasana, and Samasthitih. Only took about 15 minutes. Not bad.
Full primary takes about 90 minutes, which I don't have on a daily basis. The plan is to practice 30 minutes per day five days a week and the full 90 minutes on Sunday. For the 30 minute practices, I'll alternate between the standing sequence and seated sequence. I know this is not the recommended practice, but it's what I have time for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great job! Keep it up! I've been reading in conjunction with my practice, recently, and I'd like to share a book with you that might offer you some new insights, too. It’s called Harmonic Wealth and it’s all about finding harmony in your life in all areas - financial, relational, mental, physical, and spiritual. It has some really good tips about how to engage all five pillars (or areas) of your life, and to learn more about how they complement each other. Rather than dealing with each issue individually, maybe take a look at the bigger picture.
Here’s the link to that book I recommend: harmonicwealth.com/read
a James Ray Fan
Post a Comment