Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 1: Record the Advantages of Losing Weight

1. I’ll look better, at least to myself.
2. I’ll feel more confident.

In order to lose weight, I will have to adopt other habits that have their own advantages, beyond just losing weight. To succeed in maintaining these habits, I need to recognize their unique advantages as well.

Eating Healthy Food:

1. Maintain good overall health.
2. Be in control of my food choices.
3. Lose the junk food, lose the guilt.

Exercising:

1. Be physically fit.
2. Be strong.
3. Have more energy.

Although no weigh-in is required at the start of the program, my waist measured 665 mm this morning. (Using metric takes the emotional power away from the number.) I will continue to track my waist measurement rather than my weight. Currently, I am working through a fairly intensive strength-training program and will probably (hopefully) be gaining muscle mass as I lose fat.

No comments: