That's what I tell people who ask how I am. It’s always the truth.
But today I’m tired and achy. My throat hurts. My fever made sleeping a funhouse of wakefulness and dreaming. I think it’s the flu.
Enforced inactivity is good for me. Except when I’m crazy busy.
I have to go into the office today; just for a few hours. Something smells in the fridge. The kitchen counter is covered with dirty dishes and a week’s worth of mail. The cat puked in the dining room. I need to buy a birthday gift. The laundry is piled high on the bedroom floor.
But all I want to do is rest: sleep, catch up on my reading, watch some movies. And try not to feel guilty about taking care of me.
It’s the balance that eludes me.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment